On the 25th may 2018, new data laws come into force with regards to your privacy.
According to the GDPR directive, personal data is any information related to a person such as a name, a photo, an email address, bank details, updates on social networking websites, location details, medical information, or a computer IP address.
There is no distinction between personal data about individuals in their private, public or work roles – the person is the person. Also in a B2B setting, everything is about individuals interacting and sharing information with and about each other. Customers in B2B Markets are obviously companies, but the relationships that handle the business topics are people – or individuals.
Under the GDPR, individuals have:
- The right to access –this means that individuals have the right to request access to their personal data and to ask how their data is used by the company after it has been gathered. The company must provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge and in electronic format if requested.
- The right to be forgotten – if consumers are no longer customers, or if they withdraw their consent from a company to use their personal data, then they have the right to have their data deleted.
- The right to data portability – Individuals have a right to transfer their data from one service provider to another. And it must happen in a commonly used and machine readable format.
- The right to be informed – this covers any gathering of data by companies, and individuals must be informed before data is gathered. Consumers have to opt in for their data to be gathered, and consent must be freely given rather than implied.
- The right to have information corrected – this ensures that individuals can have their data updated if it is out of date or incomplete or incorrect.
- The right to restrict processing – Individuals can request that their data is not used for processing. Their record can remain in place, but not be used.
- The right to object – this includes the right of individuals to stop the processing of their data for direct marketing. There are no exemptions to this rule, and any processing must stop as soon as the request is received. In addition, this right must be made clear to individuals at the very start of any communication.
- The right to be notified – If there has been a data breach which compromises an individual’s personal data, the individual has a right to be informed within 72 hours of first having become aware of the breach.
The GDPR is the EU’s way of giving individuals, prospects, customers, contractors and employees more power over their data and less power to the organizations that collect and use such data for monetary gain.
Here at Speed-werx we store details offline about customers and enquiries. Customer details are stored for 2 Years and Enquiry details are stored for 6 Months before both are destroyed. Our data is held offline on secured systems.
We will not and never have sold customer details to anyone, they remain within speed-werx to facilitate us to assist you, contact you infrequently regarding your vehicle. Please rest assured that this will never change.
If you wish for your information to be removed, please feel free to let us and we will be happy to ensure it is removed and you will be no longer contacted with any other information, quotes etc. You can also do this by emailing [email protected] with the subject title ‘REMOVE DATA‘ and anything we have associated with your email and/or name will be removed.
EXCELLENCE IS A NEVER ENDING
Our dedicated customer services department can handle all your enquiries relating to Sales, Media, Parts, Product Support and Advice on using items built by and purchased from Speedwërx.
Our facilities may be based in east Yorkshire but our products are all over the world! Our Office & Workshop facility is located near Driffield, east Yorkshire and have a partnered and recommended sub contracted Porsche specialist to potentially do any works for a 3rd party if a time, date and price Is acceptable to our sub contractor.
Specialist support is always on hand from our in-house design team and the many varied production trades to ensure your part is built in time and delivered in a satisfactory condition as described in the items description.
FITTING OF PRODUCTS SOLD ON SPEED-WERX.CO.UK
All items sold by Ryders Customs Ltd T/A SPEEDWERX, via the website Speed-werx.co.uk, are sold without any fixing kit and without any instructions, this is to ensure that the purchaser of said items seeks out professional fitting, whether by our recommend, trained and competent subcontractor or equally any other subcontractor in the motor industry competent with fitting aftermarket performance body and performance parts, of said items, due to the nature of the activity that said items sold on by speedwerx being purpose built / designed for with the intention of enhancing / changing the look and characteristics of a vehicle both stationary and in motion. Failure to seek professional fitting of these parts advertised and sold on speedwerx website and the undertaking of fitting said parts by the customer / a non qualified mechanic or anyone other than a specialist voids the warranties. RYDERS CUSTOMS LTD T/A SPEEDWERX IN NO WAY CAN BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGE OR DEATHS as fault of bad/poor/incorrect installations as we (speedwerx) stipulate that the fitting of our products should only be undertaken by our recommended fitters and could have the potential to put lives at risk in the case of poor / incorrect fitting leading to a failure In the part being the cause or blame being where the item breaks / comes away from said vehicle / or any part of an accident in which was caused by the undertaking after the fitting said parts by the customer / a non qualified mechanic or anyone other than a specialist with training in Speedwerx parts. Even with the correct fitting by a trained professional, these items are motorsport items and as such should not be used on the public roads, and only on the racetrack. Due to the nature of said stressed conditions stated above, we (ryders customs ltd T/A speedwerx) will not be held responsible for any damage, incidents, accidents or deaths in this field of motorsport and or in any vehicles in motion fitted with our parts, to the driver, passenger or bystander / onlooker being the general public. We (ryders customs ltd T/A speedwerx) will not be held responsible for any damage, incidents, accidents or deaths caused by the added handling characteristic and performance gained by adding speedwerx performance parts sold on the website. By purchasing and having any part sold by Speedwerx (on the website speed-werx.co.uk) fitted to a car, you the buyer/ customer/ driver/ owner agree to not hold in any way, shape or form RYDERS CUSTOMS LTD T/A SPEEDWERX liable for any occurrences or events that happen due to this.
Speedwërx, speed-werx.co.uk (“we”, “us”) is a trading name in England and Wales,
of a sole trader business.
Below we provide a statement of the general information we collect, how we use it and with whom it is shared. This Policy, together with our website Terms and Conditions set out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice and the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the Data Controller is Speedwërx, 7 cherry close, Driffield, yo256sl. For contact details please see; How to contact us below.
We will not disclose this information to anyone outside of Speedwërx, the SW Group, our affiliated or associated companies, and our retailers, agencies and licensees, service providers and any other companies with which Speedwërx has established services for your benefit unless required to do so by law.
Information will be passed to your local Finance Companies if required. This will help us to enhance and personalise your user experience. We may also share your information with selected third parties such as analytic and search engines providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, advertisers and advertising networks and marketing agencies in order that they may select and provide you with adverts or information that may be of interest to you.
We attempt to keep all information on this website up-to-date. The product specifications contained in this website, however, are for information purposes only. As we continually enhance our products, alterations in our models or standard or optional equipment may occur. We reserve the right to change these product specifications at any time without notice. For accurate up-todate information, please contact your nearest or preferred Speedwërx Motors dealer.
We are not responsible for the content of any third party website.
Decleration from SPEED-WERX.CO.UK on all parts of the sales contract..
Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions of Sale for Speedwërx, trading under the web pressence of speed-werx.co.uk to which the purchases of goods and services are subject.
1.1. In these Conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
Business Day(s): a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) when banks in London are open for business.
Conditions: the terms and conditions set out in this document as amended from time to time in accordance with clause 14.
Contract: the contract between Speedwërx and the Customer for the sale and purchase of the Goods or Services in accordance with these Conditions.
Customer, you, your: the person who purchases the Goods or Services from us.
Event Outside Our Control: has the meaning given in clause 13.
Goods: the goods (or any part of them) set out in the Order.
Order: the Customer’s order for the Goods or Services submitted via the Website.
Services: the services (or any part of them) set out in the Order.
1.2. In these Conditions, the following rules apply:
1.2.1. A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality).
1.2.2. A reference to a party includes its personal representatives, successors or permitted assigns.
1.2.3. Any phrase introduced by the terms including, include, in particular or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms.
1.2.4. A reference to writing or written includes e-mails.
2.1. The Order you place via the Website constitutes an offer to purchase the Goods or Services in accordance with these Conditions. Please read and check your Order before placing it, as you are responsible for ensuring that the terms of the Order are correct. You may only purchase Goods or Services from us if you meet any legal age requirement necessary for purchase of the same.
2.2. Any email, order confirmation or other electronic acknowledgement by us of receipt of an Order does not constitute legal acceptance by us of your Order. The Order shall only be deemed accepted by us, and a Contract formed when:
- you have paid for the Goods or Services and monies have been received by us; and
- where applicable, the Goods have been dispatched and we have sent you a dispatch confirmation; or
- where applicable, the Service(s) have been carried out.
- All Orders placed via the Website are subject to stock, store or garage availability and to the validation checks described in clause 5 below. In the unlikely event that you are either able to place an Order for an item that is not available from stock, or it is necessary for Speedwërx to amend or cancel an order, we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss either amending or cancelling your Order. If your Order is cancelled by Speedwërx, you will be refunded in full.
- We only accept Orders originating from and for delivery to UK addresses.
2.6. We will retain details of your Order in our database and these details can be made available to you on request from our customer services team
- Goods and Services are as described on the Website. We reserve the right to amend the description at any time if required.
- Images of the Goods on the Website are for illustrative purposes only.
Representations of colour online are as accurate as our photographic and electronic processes will allow. Please note that colour online can also be affected by the calibrations of different output devices.
- All weights and sizes are supplied as a guide only and are approximate.
- Guided Sales, Buyers Guides and all other advice articles have been produced by Halfords to help you in your purchasing decisions and to give guidance. These articles are provided for general information, but if you are in any doubt, you should seek help from an appropriate professional. We accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury arising as a result of the advice contained on our Website.
- In the event that there are any errors regarding the price or description of Goods or Services, we reserve the right to correct that price or description and notify you accordingly. In these circumstances, it will be deemed that a contract has not been entered into and you will not be bound to continue with your purchase. We will cancel your Order and you will be refunded in full. The repayment of such monies paid to us will be the extent of our liability to you in the event of these errors.
- Except as set out below, the price of the Goods and Services is the price set out on the Website at the time you submit your Order. All prices are shown in Pounds Sterling, but can be changed to a different chosen currency but will still be relevant to the GBP exchange rate at the time of purchase.
- The price of the Goods does not include delivery charges which will be as advised during the check-out process, before you confirm your Order.
- The price of the Goods and Services is inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rate chargeable in the UK. If the rate of VAT changes between the date of Order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay unless you have already paid for the Goods or Services in full before the change in VAT. Vat number of Speedwërx can be obtained for by emailing [email protected]
- The prices shown are only applicable to purchases made via the Website.
- Special Offers and promotions advertised in the press or other media may be excluded from the Website unless specifically advertised as available online. All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last. This includes all offers advertised via official Speedwërx social media channels.
- Offers cannot be used in conjunction with one another. Where more than one offer is available on the same product only one discount will apply. The offer giving the greatest saving will be applied in the basket. Equally, voucher code offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer. Proof of memberships allowing for discounts may be required.
5.1. Speedwërx accepts payment by Paypal, Worldpay and most major credit or debit cards, where registered to UK addresses. We are unable to accept any other form of payment online.
Delivery of Goods
6.1. For details about how we deliver Goods, delivery charges, geographical restrictions and lead times please see the following..
Where do you deliver to?
We can deliver your order to addresses in the UK, but unfortunately we’re unable to deliver to non-UK destinations (such as the Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, BFPO addresses and PO boxes) at this time.
Deliveries to non-mainland UK addresses and remote locations (such as the Scottish Isles, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands) may take a bit longer to reach you.
For deliveries to the rest of the world, will be subject to individual pricing, we expect the customer to email [email protected] to request a personalised quote prior to purchasing, if they do not this could lead to longer postage times and additional payment needing to be paid before items are shipped. Speedwërx reserves the right to cancel any sale at any time if necessary and a full refund will be given.
General Delivery Information
We’ll do everything we can to meet the delivery times above, but sometimes they may be affected by factors outside of our control and can’t be guaranteed. We’ll let you know if we become aware of an unexpected delay.
Where possible, use the original packaging when sending back the product to us. This packaging already comes with the labelling and packaging info that you need to apply if needing to return. If your Speedwërx parcel was damaged please use new packaging to send the product back to us. To the new packaging please apply a new label to the new parcel and send all returns to–
[email protected] Speedwërx
7 cherry close, driffield, yo256sl 07837010977
All parcels for return are to be paid for by the customer, upon inspection of the item returned a discission will be made on whether a refund of the postage will be made, all items returned un damaged and in the same state they left Speedwërx will be given a full refund within 3 working days, items returned damaged will be subject to checks and if found that the customer is at fault, no refunds will be given, by purchasing an item from Speedwërx you agree to these conditions.
6.2. We may deliver the Goods by instalments, which shall be invoiced and paid for separately. Each instalment shall constitute a separate Contract. Any delay in delivery or defect in an instalment shall not entitle you to cancel any other instalment.
6.3 Any dates quoted for delivery are approximate only and we cannot be held liable for any costs incurred if delivery is delayed. Please be aware that Royal Mail First Class postal service can take up to 7 days. This is under the terms of Royal Mail and is out of our control. 3rd Party couriers can deliver direct delivery orders between the hours of 7am and 9pm.
6.4. Delivery of an Order shall be completed when we deliver the Goods to the delivery address given in the Order.
6.5. The Goods will be your responsibility from the time of delivery.
6.6. Where the courier is unable to deliver the Goods, they will either attempt to deliver to a neighbour, attempt to redeliver the following day, leave a card for you to rearrange a suitable time for redelivery or leave the parcel at your local Post Office for you to collect.
6.7. We shall have no liability for any delay in delivery of the Goods, or failure to deliver the Goods, where the delay or failure is caused either by an Event Outside Our Control or your failure to provide us with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Goods.
6.8 If we miss our estimated delivery deadline for the Goods or, in the absence of any estimate being given, we have not delivered the Goods within 30 days after the dispatch confirmation, you may cancel your Order and receive a full refund.
- . Cancellations, Refunds and Returns
- Subject to the remainder of this clause 7, if you change your mind and no longer want an item that you have purchased and we have delivered, you have the right to return those Goods within 30 days from receipt of the Goods and receive a refund.
- The cancellation right set out in clause 7.1 above does not apply in the case of the following Goods, which may only be returned if they are faulty:
- personalised and made-to-order products;
- sealed items that have been ordered specially; or
- any item that has been fitted and is now in ‘used’ non restock able condition;
(d)any Goods which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
7.3 Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch
Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your
Order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out in the table below:
|Your Contract||End of the cancellation period|
|Your Contract is for Goods which are not delivered in instalments on separate days.||The end date is the end of 30 days after the day on which you receive the Goods. Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the Goods on 10 January you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 30th jan.|
|Your Contract is for the regular delivery of Goods over a set period.||The end date is the end of 30 days after the day on which you receive the Goods. Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the Goods on 10 January you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 30th jan.|
- To cancel or amend a Contract with Speedwërx, you need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the Speedwërx Customer Services Team, by phone, email found on the Websites contact us page. Please include details of your Order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail.
- If you cancel your Contract with Speedwërx, Speedwërx will:
- refund you the price you paid for the Goods. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the Goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount;
- refund any delivery costs you have paid; and
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
(i) if you have received the Goods you will have 14 days after the day on which we receive the Goods back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Goods back to us;
7.7 If you have returned the Goods to us under this clause 7 because they are faulty, we will refund the price of the Goods in full, together with any applicable delivery charges within 21days of receipt of return.
7.8 We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
7.9 If Goods have been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
- then you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract, if no items is returned no refund will be given, likewise no refund will be given until a proof of shipping to us of the item is available, however Speedwërx reserves the right to hold giving refunds for 21 days after the item Is returned to the company to ensure a thorough check of the returned item can take place in a fashionable time. You can send it back (and we recommend using a trackable service and obtaining proof of postage), You must take reasonable care to ensure that the Goods are not damaged in transit; this includes ensuring that they are securely packaged. Speedwërx cannot be responsible for lost or damaged returns. In the case Speedwërx does not receive the item in which is wanting to be returned, no refund will be given, secondly if the item is returned damaged, and is not stated as damaged, no refund will be given.
- unless the Goods are faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 7.7), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Goods to us. If the Goods cannot be returned by post, we may offer to collect the Goods from you in were applicable which case we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection which will be £50.
7.10 Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Goods that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Goods that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 7 or anything else in these Conditions. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
7.11. Due to the speed of our ordering process, Speedwërx may not be able to cancel your order before despatch. If you exercise your right to cancel prior to you receiving the Goods, Speedwërx will attempt to stop the goods in transit, however if this is not possible and the Goods are delivered, you will be obligated to return your Goods in line with your rights outlined above, in the original condition they were received.
After-sales Service and Guarantees
- Where applicable, details of manufacturers’ guarantees or service arrangements will be provided with the Goods or Services.
- Except where expressly stated otherwise, all warranties are non-transferable and only apply for the original Customer. Please note that, if you buy Goods with a Halfords warranty, we are guaranteeing that those Goods will work during the warranty period. If you replace the Goods during the warranty period, the warranty does not start again. You will only benefit from the remaining period of the original warranty. This does not affect your statutory rights if the Goods are faulty or not as described.
- For further information on guarantees and warrantees please refer to the selected manufactures websites when buying 3rd party products from us, in relation to Speedwërx aero products, due to the type of stresses and activities that they undergo and the nature of motorsport and were by motorsport items, no guarantees or warrantees can be given on these items due to the potential for misuse and uncertainty in aspects of usage and fair usage from customers and the manner in which it has been attached by said customer may lead to the ultimate failure of the product(s).
Complaints and Queries
- 1.If you are not happy with any aspect of our online service, discover a fault with our Website, or if you have any queries or comments relating to an Order placed online, please contact us and we will do everything we can to help you.
- If we have exhausted our internal complaints handling procedure and we inform you in writing that we cannot settle your complaint, you have the option of referring your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR“) provider to deal with the same. We are not obliged to use a specific ADR provider or procedure, however, a list of certified providers can be found at https://www.tradingstandards.uk/commercial-services/adr-approved-bodies. Alternatively, you can refer the complaint to the EU Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Platform at wwww.odreurope.com. Please note that we are not obliged to participate in ADR.
- Your access to Speedwërx, on is host page speed-werx.co.uk may occasionally be restricted to allow for the introduction of new products or features, site development, maintenance or repairs. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
- Where you have been directed to the Website as a result of a third party site, these sites are independent from us and we are not responsible or liable for such sites. Please consult the terms and conditions of the site in question for more information.
Safe Shopping Guarantee
- We have used every effort to ensure that shopping on the internet with Speedwërx is as safe as possible. Our secure server software encrypts all of your personal information sent over the Internet. In processing your Order, your information may have to be sent over the internet more than once. At no point is your Order information sent in this way without encryption.
The Speed-werx.co.uk Website is operated by Speedwërx
7 Cherry close Driffield Yo256sl
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE (WHETHER FOR PROFIT OR LOSS OR OTHERWISE) COSTS, CLAIMS, EXPENSES OR OTHER CLAIMS FOR COMPENSATION WHATSOEVER, WHETHER CAUSED BY HE ACTS, OMISSIONS OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF Speedwërx , ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WHICH ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE, EXCEPT IN RESPECT OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY Speedwërx, ITS EMPLOYEES OR ITS AGENTS PROVEN NEGLIGENCE.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY EVENTUALITY, INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE THAT IS CAUSED WHEN THE ITEMS SOLD BY SW ON THE WEBSITE SPEED-WERX.CO.UK WHEN THEY ARE NOT FITTED BY A PROFESSIONAL WHO WOULD THEN BE LIABLE FOR SAID EVENTUALITYS THAT HAPPEN DUE TO THEIR INCOMPITANCE, EQUALLY SW IN NO RECOMENDS DIY FITTING OF ANY PARTS SOLD ON THE WEBSITE AND RECOMMEND ALL ITEMS STATED OR NOT, THAT THEY ARE FITTED BY A PROFESSIONAL.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ACCESS TO OR MATERIAL ON ANY WEBSITE THAT IS LINKED FROM OR TO THIS WEBSITE.
12. We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the terms implied by section 9 to 11, or 17 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015; and
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Events Outside Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
Speedwërx amends these Conditions from time to time. Each time you order Goods or Services from us, the Conditions in force at the time of your Order apply to the Contract between you and us.
Communications between us
15.1. Any notice or other communication given to you under or in connection with the Contract shall be in writing (including email), addressed to you at the address that you have specified to us in writing in accordance with this clause, and shall be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first class post, recorded delivery, commercial courier or e-mail.
15.2. A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received: if delivered personally, when left at the address referred to in clause 15.1; if sent by pre-paid first class post or recorded delivery, at 9.00 am on the second Business Day after posting; if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier’s delivery receipt is signed; or, if sent by fax or e-mail, one Business Day after transmission.
15.3. The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
Other Important Terms
16.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Conditions.
16.2 You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Conditions to another person if we agree in writing.
16.3 This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
16.4 Each of the paragraphs of these Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
16.5 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Conditions, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
16.6 These Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Goods through our Website and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland. The only language in which the Contract can be concluded is English.
Last Updated: 18th February 2020
ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND OR
OTHER TERMS IMPLIED BY STATUTE OR COMMON LAW WITH RESPECT TO THIS
WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT,
SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE (WHETHER FOR PROFIT OR LOSS OR
OTHERWISE) COSTS, CLAIMS, EXPENSES OR OTHER CLAIMS FOR COMPENSATION
WHATSOEVER, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE ACTS, OMISSIONS OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF
Speedwërx , ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, WHICH ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION
WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT MATERIALS OR
PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE, EXCEPT IN RESPECT OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY Speedwërx, ITS EMPLOYEES OR ITS AGENTS PROVEN NEGLIGENCE.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ACCESS TO OR MATERIAL ON ANY WEBSITE THAT IS LINKED FROM OR TO THIS WEBSITE.
Whilst we attempt to avoid any errors on this website, no guarantee can be made as to its uninterrupted and error free usage. We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw the entire or any part of the website at any time without notice without incurring any liability.
We are committed to preventing bribery and corruption and support national and international efforts to prevent them. As a company registered in England and Wales we are primarily governed by the laws of that country, including the Bribery Act 2010, which applies to our conduct both domestically and internationally. We will also uphold all laws relevant to countering bribery and corruption in all the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Our employees and those acting with our authority are bound by a Code of Conduct and policies which govern their behaviour. This includes a requirement to observe and uphold our stance against bribery and corruption. They may not use our business connections for their own benefit and must perform their roles with honesty and integrity in support of our anti-corruption policy. They are not entitled to seek, receive or obtain, directly or indirectly, any gift or other reward which is intended to induce them to improperly perform their roles. Equally they must not off er or make any bribes or facilitation payments on our behalf.
To further emphasise our strong commitment to anti-corruption, and in common with other companies within the SW Group, we actively promote the opportunity for our employees (and our business partners) to report any observed or known incidences within Speedwërx. of corruption, fraud, or other potential criminal activity, through the Speedwërx process.
They are available as a confidential contact point for all employees and business partners willing to report possible evidence of such criminal activities relating to the SW group.
To contact ROBBIE RYDER – send an email to [email protected]
Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
Contacting the User o Contact form
Personal Data: email address, first name, last name and phone number
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms o Twitter Tweet button and social widgets
Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
- Remarketing and behavioural targeting o AdRoll
Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
Owner and Data Controller
Speed-werx, 7 cherry close, Driffield yo256sl
Owner contact email: [email protected]
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
Speed-werx, 7 cherry close, Driffield yo256sl
HR Multisport HR Works, Malton Road, Pickering, YO188EA
Owner contact email: [email protected]
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage data, first name, last name, phone number and email address.
All Data requested by this Application is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services. In cases where this Application specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without any consequences on the availability or the functioning of the service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
MODE AND PLACE OF PROCESSING THE DATA
Methods of processing
The Data Controller processes the Data of Users in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data
Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
The Data is processed at the Data Controller’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located. For further information, please contact the Data Controller.
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
THE USE OF THE COLLECTED DATA
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Remarketing and behavioural targeting, Analytics, Interaction with external social networks and platforms and Contacting the User.
The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behaviour.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
• Contacting the User
Contact form (This Application)
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes this Application to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected: email address, first name, last name and phone number.
• Interaction with external social networks and platforms
This type of services allow interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this Application.
The interaction and information obtained through this Application are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network.
This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
Twitter Tweet button and social widgets (Twitter)
The Twitter Tweet button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Twitter social network provided by Twitter Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Remarketing and behavioural targeting
This type of service allows this Application and its partners to inform, optimize and serve advertising based on past use of this Application by the User.
This activity is performed by tracking Usage Data and by using Cookies, information that is transferred to the partners that manage the remarketing and behavioral targeting activity.
AdRoll (Semantic Sugar, Inc.)
AdRoll is an advertising service provided by Semantic Sugar, Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related services.
The User declares to be aware that the Data Controller may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) or use for this purpose other Personal Data (such as IP Address).
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
The rights of Users
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should you wish for your information to be removed please contact us directly.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Information collected automatically from this Application (or third-party services employed in this Application), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the
Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using this Application, which must coincide with or be authorized by the Data Subject, to whom the Personal Data refers.
The legal or natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organization with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Application.
This is the abbreviation used in this document for Speedwërx, where appropriate Speedwërx has been shortened to SW.
The hardware or software tool by which the Personal Data of the User is collected. Cookies
Small piece of data stored in the User’s device.
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement has been prepared in fulfillment of the obligations under Art. 10 of EC Directive n. 95/46/EC, and under the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC, as revised by Directive 2009/136/EC, on the subject of Cookies.